Who I am: I am a second year faculty member at SUNY Potsdam. Before that, I was a postdoctoral fellow at the University of Kentucky, working with Alberto Corso. I graduated from the University of Michigan under the supervision of Karen Smith. My PhD thesis was on jet schemes and truncated wedge schemes of monomial and determinantal varieties. Before that, I transferred from Pasadena City College to UC Berkeley and finished my undergraduate studies there. I did all my earlier education in Hong Kong, where I was born. In 1997, my family moved to the United States, of which I am now a citizen. I enjoy hiking, biking, badminton, origami, juggling, and community volunteering services.
Research Interests: Jet schemes, wedge schemes, computational algebra, motivic integrals, and reductions and cores (beginner).
- Spring 2009: Math 152 (Calculus II), Math 340 (Set Theory and Logic), and Math 524 (Modern Algebra II).
- Fall 2008: Math 151 (Calculus I) and Math 340 (Set Theory and Logic).
- Spring 2008: Math 152 (Calculus II) and Math 423 (Modern Algebra I).
- Fall 2007: Math 151 (Calculus I) and Math 423 (Modern Algebra I).
- One higher dimensional analog of jet schemes, arXiv: math.AG/0608633.
- Jet schemes of determinantal varieties, 'Algebra, Geometry and Their Interactions' Contemporary Mathematics, 448 (2007), pg. 261 - 270; a slightly different version is also available at arXiv: math.AG/0608632.
- The multiplicity of jet schemes of a simple normal crossing divisor, Communications in Algebra, Volume 35, Issue 12 (2007), pg. 3909 - 3911; a slightly different version is also available at arXiv: math.AG/0607638.
- On Igusa zeta functions of monomial ideals, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 135 (2007), pg. 425 - 3433; also available at arXiv:math.AG/0509243.
- Polynomial Knots of Degree Five (with P. Kim and L. Stemkoski), MIT Undergraduate Journal of Mathematics, Volume 3 (2001), pg. 125 - 135.
- Jet Schemes of Determinantal Varieties, AMS Sectional Meeting, Baton Rouge, LA, March, 2008.
- A Mimimal Reduction of Ferrers Ideals, Algebraic Geometry Seminar, Queen's University, Kingston, ON, March, 2008.
- Structure of Jet Schemes of Special Schemes, Algebra Seminar, University of Missouri, Columbia, April, 2007.
- Jets and Wedges of Monomial Schemes, Algebraic Geometry Seminar, University of Ohio, Columbus, January, 2007.
- Jet Schemes of Monomial Schemes and Determinantal Varieties, Workshop on Computational and Combinatorial Commutative Algebra, Fields Institute, Toronto, ON, August, 2006.
- Jet Schemes, AWM Workshop for Women Graduate Students and Postdoctoral Mathematicians (Poster) -- Joint Mathematics Meetings, San Antonio, TX, January, 2006.
- Codes on The Klein Quartic, Student Seminar, University of Michigan, February, 2005.
- Rational Singularities and F-rational Type, Student Seminar, University of Michigan, November, 2004.
- Vanishing Theorems and Seshadri Constants, Student Seminar, University of Michigan, October, 2003.
- Polynomial Knots of Fifth Degree, Nebraska Conference for Undergraduate Women in Math, Lincoln, NE, February, 2001.